17 October, 2010

Halloween Costume Ideas

If you aren't sure what you want to be for Halloween or if you don't want to spend a bunch of money on a costume, I want to help you! These are some ideas that I came up with for Halloween costumes that don't cost anything. I think that these costumes can be re-created easily, and they're pretty versatile so you can use the things that you have in your closet to make them.

-------------------------------------------------

Gypsy Fortune Teller
This costume is pretty easy. The basics that you need are a long skirt and a scarf to tie around your head. Accessorize with gaudy jewelry and don't wear any shoes. Easy! I thought it would be cool to have a crystal ball too but I don't have anything like that so I'm supposed to be reading tea leaves out of a teacup.

Little Bo Peep
This costume is sweet and it would be cute for a little girl too. You need a frilly dress and a pretty hat. Instead of a parasol you could use some kind of a staff if you wanted. And I held a little stuffed lamb in the picture but that's probably not necessary if you don't have one, I think people will be able to tell who you are.

Jazz Musician
This is good if you already have some kind of musical instrument. Just find some boyish clothes and a fedora and suspenders.

Acrobat
I thought of this when I was looking at my hula-hoops. With this costume, if you already have something acrobatty like a hula hoop or one of those ribbon dancer things, you pretty much only need leggings or tights and maybe some ballet slippers or leg warmers. And you can do fun tricks all night! I think this costume would be cool with clown makeup too but I didn't have any.

Flower Child
Flower Child/Hippie costumes are really easy. Just put flowers in your hair and go barefoot. And if you have a guitar or something carry that too.

Pirate
Pirate costumes are pretty common, but they're easy and really fun. Tie a scarf around your head and wear something with stripes or skulls. And wear a lot of gold jewelry. And you could easily make an eye-patch or hand hook. A fake parrot on the shoulder is always cool too. And it's fun to say "Arr!" to everyone.

Cowboy
Cowboy boots and a cowboy hat are the only essentials to this costume. The other stuff you can just wear whatever and people will know what you are. Talk with a Texas accent all night.

Indian Princess
Fringed leather stuff and feathers are good for this costume. You can go barefoot or wear some kind of moccasins. It would also be fun to make a really cool headdress. If you're doing a matchy thing with a friend, you can dress up as a cowboy and an Indian.

------------------------------------

I hope I have given you some good ideas and inspired you to be creative. All of the things I used to create these costumes were already sitting in my closet. I know that everyone doesn't have the exact same stuff as me, but the idea is to come up with your own unique costume from what you already have.

Have a Happy Halloween :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your blog! I also love how creative you are!
    Aunt Jacqui

    ReplyDelete