04 November, 2010

dreaming of winter

I can't wait for winter. It was like 100 degrees here today and I'm done with the heat. I want it to be winter so badly!

I have snowflakes painted on my toenails and I've been getting pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks and I heard a Christmas song when I was in the store the other day and I'm just really really excited for winter.

Stupid southern California needs to cool down so I can wear pretty dresses with chunky sweaters and patterned tights and clunky boots and hand made scarves.

I got the new Free People catalog in the mail the other day and it's making me long for winter even more. I love love love Free People. I wish that I could afford their clothes but I love to look at the catalogs and try to find things in thrift stores that look similar to their clothing. So, today, I'm going to show you pictures of my favorite things from Free People right now.

--------------------------------------------------------


I love lace and I love tulle. I have been looking for a lace dress for a while now, and I have found a few but they aren't quite right. I really wish that I was better at sewing so that I could alter them to look how I want. I think this lace dress is perfect for winter.


I want to find a pair of boots similar to these. I just love them. I wear a lot of ruffles and lace, and I think that these boots are good because they're rough looking and they counterbalance really girly stuff. Shoes are really hard for me to find because I buy 90% of my clothing from thrift stores and I have big feet so I can never find my size. If clothing doesn't fit right you can always put a belt around it or something, but shoes don't really work that way.


Okay, I think this is the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. I love love love love it. I want to try to recreate a similar one with crochet or something, but I'm not sure if I have the patience.


These shoes are so pretty. I would like to wear them to a Christmas party. I'm on a velvet kick right now. I bought a lot of velvet stuff from the thrift store yesterday.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hot weather, please go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment