23 December, 2010

i might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me









--------------------------------------

I want to roam the countryside on horseback. I want to read books and play the mandolin by candlelight. I want to dance and sing and sleep in tents, and let the light of the moon make my path. I want to travel from town to town and put on performances for pay. I want to sell handmade jewelry and patchwork quilts on the side of the road. I want to have alpacas and sheep and knit scarves out of their wool. I want to pick apples, to stir up dirt with my worn out boots, to run through forests and over streams. I want to write stories about my adventures and draw maps in a tattered leather-bound journal. I want to see the world.

And it's time to go to sleep and dream gypsy dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment